NOTES for NEW (1st on-line Order) CUSTOMERS:
Crazy Ed has been a successful award winning mail order merchant for 25+ years as well as a trustworthy bank system merchant for credit card and check transactions.
New on-line customers (like a new “zero feedback” buyer on eBay) are initially dealt with extra care and communication until we have some experience with you and a track record of mutually successful transactions. We trust you agree with the wisdom of this precaution.
PAY PAL payments are preferred as the means for Payment of orders under $500.
- Pay Pal (especially for your 1st order) is the fastest way to process an order. Crazy Ed’s has been Pay Pal verified, which means our bank accounts and ship to addresses all match up. (an important security requirement!)
- Pay Pal verifies shipping addresses and bank/credit accounts for their customers; it is called a VERIFIED Address. It is part of their programs for “Seller protection” and “Buyer Protection.”
- Pay Pal allows you to send a payment using your choice of : credit card, or your bank account; even if you have NOT set up a pay Pal account.
- Pay Pal allows us to send you an invoice to your e-mail address: this invoice may be needed to handle shipping fees or some other item or cost not dealt with in a checkout of a shopping cart.
- E-CHECKS (are frequently generated by Pay Pal for their account holders funded solely by a Bank or Debit card). The use of an e-check is acceptable for any order amount but will likely delay shipping your order by up to 5 days.
Note: Pay Pal instructs Sellers/recipients of an electronic check NOT to ship merchandise until Pay Pal notifies us the funds have cleared; this can take up to 5 days.
Purchases/orders: Payment by Phone & E-Mail:
HOW WE HANDLE Direct Payment to Crazy Ed’s Comics by Credit Card (by Phone/e-mail) : The exchange of e-mails (without a live signature) is logical and better for our mutual safety.
You can call us to initiate Payment after completing an order through Checkout: the order will read as “on hold” or “pending Payment” and we will contact you to start the process of paying with your own credit card, debit card, or a payment from your checking account (confirm Ed’s Bank OKs an ACH process!)
The e-mails will (follow any phone calls) to confirm the transaction; we are extremely careful with our Customer’s info.
We will never repeat credit card numbers in any e-mail–you can provide it by phone–we will only “verify” by e-mail.
Also, to provide extra security, orders in excess of $500 must be confirmed by DELIVERY SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION by the payor/party whom is to receive the order.
Personal Checks or Money Orders
Orders below $500; we prefer use of Pay Pal or Payment by credit or debit card.
- Orders will be put “on hold” until we have reviewed the order and account. We may contact you to verify any orders that indicate payments by check/money order. We may do this even if we know you from a prior transaction.
- Confirmation that we approve this method of payment (from Crazy Ed or his Office Manager) is required before your order is be processed.
- Once we OK the Payment of an order by Check, the account order status will elevate to Payment pending or Order is Process.
- If an order stays in status of “Payment Pending” you may want to call to verify that we have put the item aside from you awaiting the arrival of the check or Money order.
Please keep in mind you are asking us to keep the item(s) off the market for a week to 10 days by use of a personal check or money order.
WHY WOULD AN ORDER NOT BE PROCESSED OR AN OK for a check not approved. An order that completes check out without our communicated approval may be “void” if:
- a working phone is not provided or
- there is no response to our e-mails or calls;
- we have other concerns (e.g. the “ship to” address)
DEPOSITS and LAYAWAYS:
We may require an advance (non-refundable) 20 % deposit made by Pay Pal or by credit or debit card to hold a $500+ order. Of course, this deposit will be applied to the remainder still due.
We do not make a practice of voiding transactions or forfeiting a customer’s good faith deposit. After 27+ years as a respected Comic book collector/Dealer Crazy Ed has been willing to work with any reasonable request for additional time to complete a transaction; for years CRAZY ED’S COMICS has offered many customers a 90 day layaway program. (add link to read more)
This information at Checkout is intended to cover a wide range of circumstances we have encountered involving payments. If you need more clarification, please write or call us.