Retitle later: SHIPPING-PAYMENTS-RETURNS
1st Time buyers: in this Section we discuss everything of importance about Orders getting completed so we can ship youritems to you.
We discuss Payments also, and the fees/costs for shipping.
Note: You cannot submit a best offer or process an order for checkout unless you complete registration
You may want to read a shorter summary about Payment options:
We do not make money on shipping and we are known for safely shipped items sent fast.
Items are packed securely (and shipped with Delivery confirmation tracking) We always email you when your order/package has been shipped.
Most packages are shipped by USPS. Your order will be shipped promptly when payment is completed. The Shopping cart and Checkout screens will review various Payment options.
FOR YOUR SECURITY: we do not ever send e-mails or paperwork that reveal a full credit card number and we follow-up all orders over $500 with an e-mail and/or phone call for verification that the party placing the order is “whom it is represented to be.”
NOTE: “US” Addresses only; no International shipping! No Canadian shipping
- Shipping to APO’s and P.O. Box addresses ONLY if paid by Pay pal & come with a “Pay Pal verified” address
For additional security, we also require USPS “Signature Delivery Confirmation” for orders in excess of $500.
SHIP CHART with Fees and Computation variables:
Shipping and handling fees are based on the type, weight and/or number of products you have selected. We utilize variables that are sensible to determine ship weights and ship prices.
- Less expensive comics are “lighter” and can be sent with less cardboard to protect them, for example. Magazines, Treasury, most Golden age or some silver/bronze age comics are heavier than modern sized comics.
BASIC SHIPPING OPTIONS: (see SHIP CHART)
The Shipping Chart anticipates mixed orders of 1-3 CGC graded books and contains ship estimates from a single comic to a large mixed order between CGC graded and NON-GRADED comic items.
We utilize flat fee mailers when possible, and have a variety of sizes to accommodate many combinations of CGC Graded Comics or non-CGC comics.
The SHIPPING FEE CHART indicates at what combination of items a parcel is sent by 1st class mail, or by Priority Flat rate mailer, or by Priority Flat rate Box.
- Most orders will be sent by Priority Mail with postal insurance coverage to help protect the order.
- NON CGC items: orders BELOW $50 will be shipped by 1st class mailer $3.45 for 1st item plus $1.00 USD per additional item. Packages sent 1st Class are limited in weight and comes with no postal insurance.
- Orders valued at above $50 will be generally upgraded to a Flat Rate Priority mailer (the ship postage includes $50 to $100 of postal insurance: the range depends on the packing materials) The fee for a flat rate priority mailer will begin at $6.45, plus additional insurance for orders above $100.
Orders with more items than will safely fit in a Flat rate Priority Mailer will be upgraded to a Priority Box with fees ranging from $10.45 (Regional Flat rate Box) to costs of $13.45 (Medium Flat rate Box) up to a maximum of $25.45 for a LARGE Combination of Items (in a LARGE Flat rate Box)
FEE “TO BE DETERMINED” (or “TBD”)
Commonly, orders become TBD if they include 4 (or more) CGC graded items, or large artwork or framed items. We must verify the correct size ship carton for a shipment by UPS or FED EX “ground” or USPS Parcel post:
- It is unlikely that a shipping service will have a “flat fee parcels” that will safely ship for an Over-sized item.
- most shipping services require the weight, dimensions & address being shipped to for computation of their ship cost.
- We pack and weigh the items in a (larger) box, then determine if they would best be sent by USPS, UPS or Fed Ex.
- We may take an over-sized item directly to the shipping service for advice on and to acquire the correct/safe shipping carton.
PAYMENTS of SHIP FEES (after Checkout)
We will send you a Pay Pal invoice for the shipping fees/cost associated with your order.
- within 1 business day (24 hours) after your order is received, we will compose a shipping estimate based on the experience of the shipping services and accept that as payment in full; any overage in ship cost will be absorbed by us.
- depending on your purchase arrangements with Crazy Ed, he may direct providing a PROMOTIONAL COUPON for use to discount the ship costs associated with your order.
Orders up to $100 will be shipped with the postal insurance included in a Priority Flat rate box. Orders in excess of $100 will require additional postal insurance (see insurance chart) : we do put a cap on the postal insurance fee ship charges (a maximum of $12 on a single order); after securing sufficient insurance from the USPS, we utilize a private “mail order insurance” policy to protect higher dollar orders (values up to $7500.)
OTHER SHIPPING NOTES:
- TBD Shipping: includes oversize items, Express or overnight shipping; must be quoted before processing order: email us 1st.
- Oversized or “heavy” items: shipped by UPS or FED EX “ground” or Parcel post: An order that includes a combination of different sized items; may require specific shipping quotation by the shipping services
- INCLUDES: Certain periodicals (Life magazines, “Treasury Sized” items, some art portfolios) or Records/Toys/Models/Card sets OR ANYTHING bulkier that may not readily fit in “Basic Flat rate” US Postal shipping options.
- CHECK PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: most “bulkier” Website items will note in the product description if “oversized” or “require a special shipping fee” quotation.
You will receive an e-mail invoice from Crazy Ed through “Pay Pal” for any additional shipping expenses and unless arrangements about the ship costs are made, shipping of your order may be delayed.
- To request a shipping estimate on a large shipment or an oversize item(s), or to request express or overnight shipping, e-mail or call us 1st at 305 947-6776.
- we always provide tracking info but we cannot be responsible for lost or damaged uninsured orders.
PAYMENT/CHECKOUT (payment choices and instructions are included when you “Checkout” your “shopping cart)
Payment by check or US money orders: may delay the processing of your order while waiting for arrival or for funds to clear. We will not hold your items for a Payment by mail without prior arrangements with Crazy Ed or his Office manager.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY/REDUNDANT AUTHORIZATION for Credit or Debit card payments:
*For a credit/debit card purchases, since we are not face to face for a signature, we will send a confirming authorization by e-mail.
- We will need a reply to confirm that the cardholder/payer did OK the order.
- we also need working phone number, shipping address that matches the account address of record and/or a copy of the picture ID of the named cardholder, by e-mail.
- We may also require you provide the 3 digit security code on (the back of) most credit cards. This is for your protection. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- we will never include full account numbers in any confirming e-mail, nor will any packing slip or receipt allow for deciphering use of your card info.
- we do not save any credit card info on our website or data base after your transaction is complete.
CONFIRMED/MATCHING SHIP ADDRESS: we will only ship to an address that can be “confirmed/verified” via the credit card service or Pay Pal to match with the cardholder/purchaser.
For purchase orders over $500: we require signature delivery confirmation.
*Privacy for your information: call Ed privately at 305 947-6776 and provide him the credit card info, your e-mail address to send a Invoice to. Ed has been a reputable Credit Card merchant for over 25 years!
CRAZY ED’s 14 day Return Policy
Ed wants you to be satisfied with each and every purchase. If you have a problem with an order, for any reason, we ask that you e-mail or call us first at 305 947-6776 and describe the problem, so that we can offer a speedy and complete resolution to your difficulty.
* Regardless of your shipment date, a 14 day return option begins from the date of delivery–usually 2-3 days after the shipping date.
Items returned will be settled by full refunds, including shipping.
- Do not return the merchandise to us until after you have called and/or e-mailed us a notice of your intent to return and have received an acknowledgement with return instructions back from us!
- Failure to communicate the pending return ends a refund option, though undamaged returns within 15 days of delivery qualify for an exchange or credit for future purchases.
- CGC Graded Comics (or reader copies provided) are considered bought as described, or “as is”, and therefore not subject to return.
- we require the same item returned to be in the same archival materials as were shipped. Damage apparently caused by the Buyer will be disputed.
Damaged goods/Insurance claims:
We pack securely with the goal of preventing postal mishaps. Crazy Ed has experienced the frustration of an item that arrives damaged in shipping, usually through careless packing.
Please call us at 305 947-6776 immediately if this occurs.
- In the case of shipping damage on an insured order, the cost of return shipping to us to repair or replace an item is usually uneconomical.
- Items insured then received damaged with a value above the USPS postal coverage may need to be returned to Crazy Ed’s Comics to process a mail order claim with our carrier.
- If a (fully) insured item(s) receive damage in USPS shipping it is the Buyer’s responsibility to take the shipped parcel & packing materials and go to their local Post office to file a claim.
- Crazy Ed’s Comics will assist by providing you an insurance assignment and a receipt for your purchase to file your claim.
- CGC cases: we use bubble-wrap and cardboard and ship CGC graded books in secure boxes. The Buyer will return any damaged case directly to CGC for new case; we will assist you in routing a damaged CGC graded book for a new case and subsequent return shipping to you.
- we may further assist by an immediate credit on your account or offer a promotional discount coupon for a future purchase.
We review each order to make sure checkout was completed correctly. We will contact you if there is a problem, either with the order, ship fees computed for the order, or your payment. We make every effort to keep a complete and accurate inventory. We do not guarantee availability of items before processing your transaction.
Promotions and Giveaways
For “freebies”, add-on items, special discount certificates and other promotional items, we reserve the right to substitute at our discretion or based on availability.
If you have any questions or further concerns, please feel free to call or email us.